Features & Benefits
The Gravity Flow Stripe Extension allows workflows to authorize payments during the initial form submission (pre-orders), capture or cancel the payment at a later date, refund payments and create and cancel recurring subscriptions.
For example, the form can take the credit card details and authorize a payment during the initial form submission. Then the form can have a series of User Input and Approval steps to complete a process. Then at the end of the process the payment is captured.
The extension includes 4 step types:
- Capture Payment – collects a payment that was authorized during the initial form submission.
- Cancel Payment – voids the payment authorization.
- Refund Payment – processes the refund of the payment (supports refunds of payments made for the current entry or any Stripe transaction made by any other form).
- Cancel Subscription – cancels a subscription made by the current entry or a different entry.
Note that Stripe will automatically cancel (expire) an authorisation after 7 days so the workflow will need to capture the payment within one week.
The Gravity Flow Stripe Steps; Capture Payment, Cancel Payment, Refund Payment and Cancel Subscription can be added at any point in the workflow.
The timeline on the workflow entry detail page shows each of the steps when they were processed.
The Gravity Flow Stripe Extension requires the latest versions of:
- Gravity Forms
- Gravity Flow
- Gravity Forms Stripe Add-On